Flame Retardant Particleboard
Encore™ FR is an environmentally preferable Class 1 flame retardant particleboard panel manufactured from recycled wood fiber. Additives are blended with the wood fiber to provide flame retardant properties throughout the panel. This ensures the flame retardancy isn’t compromised when the panel is machined or sanded, resulting in an extra level of protection compared to products made with surface flame retardant coatings. Encore™ FR is produced with no added urea formaldehyde and meets the most stringent emission standards in the world, including the Phase 2 requirements of the California Air Resources Board ATCM 93120. Encore™ FR is available with the option of FSC Chain of Custody certification and has enhanced moisture resistant properties as an added bonus.
Features & Benefits
- Class 1 certified, flame retardant panels
- M2 Properties (ANSI A208.1-2009)
- Meets ANSI A208.1-2009 moisture resistant specifications for grade MR10
- Meets requirements of CARB ATCM 93120 Phase 2 emission limits
- Panel core is dyed red for easy identification as a fire-retardant product
- FSC certified panels available upon request
How to Specify
Encore FR, ANSI A208.1-2009 M2 grade particleboard made with no added urea formaldehyde and certified as a Class 1 Flame Retardant panel in accordance with ASTM E84-08 and CAN/ULC-S102 to a Flame Spread of 25 and Smoke Developed of 70.
LEED Projects, Hospitals, Schools, Hotels, Retail, Airports and Commercial Interiors
"Medite" and "Encore" are registered trademarks of SieraPine.