Sustainable Design Fiberboard (SDF)
Medite® FR is a sustainable Class 1 flame retardant medium density fiberboard (MDF) panel manufactured from pre-consumer recycled wood, meeting the most stringent formaldehyde emission standards in the world. SierraPine’s patented manufacturing process utilizes a formaldehyde-free adhesive system to produce Medite® FR. During processing an additive is blended with the fibers to provide flame-retardant properties throughout the board. Unlike surface flame retardant coatings, the flame retardant properties of Medite® FR aren’t compromised when the panel is machined or sanded.
Features & Benefits
- Awarded CARB NAF Exemption due to formaldehyde-free adhesive system. Meets CARB ATCM 93120 Phase 2 emission requirements.
- Class 1 certified MDF with performance characteristics comparable to standard MDF
- Meets physical properties of ANSI A208.2-2009, Grade 130
- New York City MEA Approved
- Core is dyed red for easy identification of fire retardant panel
- FSC® certified panels available upon request
How to Specify
Industrial Grade Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF), manufactured with a formaldehyde-free adhesive system and certified as a Class 1 Flame Retardant panel in accordance with ASTM E84-09 and CAN/ULC-S102M to a Flame Spread of 25 or less and Smoke Developed of 50 or less.
LEED Projects, Hospitals, Schools, Theatres, Libraries, Offices, Museums and Hotels
"Medite" is a registered trademarks of SieraPine.