Medex® is a sustainable, moisture resistant, medium density fiberboard (MDF) panel utilizing a formaldehyde-free adhesive system and pre-consumer recycled wood fiber. Medex® is engineered for interior high moisture areas in non-structural applications and is used in place of sanded plywood or solid wood. With the versatility of a superior composite wood panel and the enhancement of indoor air quality, Medex® has been specified in hundreds of commercial, institutional and conservator projects since the 1980’s.
Features & Benefits
- Awarded CARB NAF Exemption due to formaldehyde-free adhesive system
- Significantly exceeds standard MDF physical properties
- Moisture, rot, and termite resistant
- Meets physical properties of ANSI A208.2-2009 155-F11-MR50
- Passes ASTM D1037-96a six-cycle accelerated aging test
- FSC® certified panels available upon request
|Density||48 lb/ft3||769 kg/m3|
|Modulus of Rupture||6,000 lb/in2||41.34 N/mm2|
|Modulus of Elasticity||600,000 lb/in2||4,134 N/mm2|
|Internal Bond||200 lb/in2||1.38 N/mm2|
|Screw Holding: Face||325 lbs||1,446 N|
|Edge||260 lbs||1,156 N|
Average physical properties for 3/4” panel when tested in accordance with ASTM D1037.
"Medex" is a registered trademarks of SieraPine.